INDUSTRIAL is seeking an experienced Account Director and put plainly, we’re looking for an all-star. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity with an agency that combines the energy of a start-up with the stability of an established firm. This role will be responsible for developing our account management practice by shaping existing efforts, introducing new ideas and capabilities, nurturing the team, and forming a top-notch department that our clients love to work with. And you’ll have the chance to put your stamp on this agency along the way. Sound exciting? Up for the challenge? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage, grow, and inspire client relationships.
- Provide strategic marketing leadership and develop multi-channel strategies.
- Cultivate and lead the Accounts team, and generate enthusiasm across departments.
- Oversee account performance, both client-side ROI and internal profitability.
- Collaborate with our sales team to help close new business.
But if you’re the right person for the job, then you already know what an Account Director does, so we’d rather focus on who you are at the core.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a hero. You’re the top-of-the-class performer who gets things done… on time, every time.
- You know (and love) agencies inside out and have at least 8-10 years agency experience in account management roles soaking up the dynamics of both internal and client relationships.
- You have diverse expertise in marketing – heavy digital and some trade – and the creative process.
- You consistently operate at the highest level but aren’t afraid to flex from leading and strategic work to doing and tactical execution. And the idea of personally managing some of our biggest clients while we grow doesn’t scare you.
- You speak B2B and get your kicks from sophisticated marketing more than superficial advertising campaigns.
- You geek out on marketing analytics (data) and command the ability to interpret, educate, and motivate clients to act on actionable intelligence.
- You’ve worked with major B2B brands (Industrial B2B experience is a plus!) and want to help take our client base upstream.
- You’re not afraid of tough conversations with tough clients; you can convince them to trust our experts and sometimes get outside their comfort zone. In many ways, you enjoy influencing people.
- You’re willing to educate both small business and billion dollar industrial companies who don’t know as much as they should about marketing and digital strategy.
- You’re tough as nails in presentations and have excellent writing skills.
- You have a knack for anticipating and solving problems.
- You have a bachelor’s degree and have successfully managed a team of at least two direct reports.
- And finally, you’re a positive person who has fun and wants to join a great team and special culture.
In both 2009 and 2013, Industrial was named one of Nashville's “Best Places to Work” by the Nashville Business Journal. We’re the perfect mix of small agency sensibilities with large agency resources. We promote a positive, family-friendly atmosphere with ample opportunity for growth and development.
Founded in 2003, Industrial is a leading digital brand, marketing, infrastructure, and growth practice that is squarely focused on the industrial sector. We exist to help industrials manufacture the business of the future.
Our industrial focus, command of data, technology, and insistence to field the very best and brightest people, enables us to plan, design, execute, and measure brand, business, integrated marketing and analytics strategies that our clients count on to reach their target audiences wherever/whenever/however they live online and off.
Born industrial and raised digital, we excel at helping class-leading industrial brands like Motion Industries, Coats, ExxonMobil, The National Association of Manufacturers, SKF, Baldor, Davron Technologies, IronCAD, PAM Transport and many others reach their growth and profitability objectives.
Compensation & BENEFITS
We offer attractive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching. Industrial team members also enjoy the countless benefits, perks, professional development opportunities, and fun associated with Industrial’s “Operation Awesome” which includes:
- Life/work balance: work-at-home-days, happy birthdays off (paid), time off for life’s special moments, maternity/paternity perks, 10 paid holidays, and up to four (4) weeks of PTO depending on tenure.
- Wellness program: exercise or healthy living monthly reimbursement.
- Professional development: conference and certification fund, Read-4-Challenge to receive an iPad, company Amazon Kindle account, apprenticeship program, and more.
- Productivity and entrepreneurism: commission for bringing in new business, bonus on cost saving measures, funding for new ideas, and discretionary company-wide profit share.
- Seven Sabbatical: seven week paid “career break” after seven consecutive years of full-time employment.
- Charity: monthly contributions to causes and one paid volunteer service day annually.
- President’s Club: weekend flyaway trip and travel cash for annual team MVP (plus one!).
- Focus Fridays: breakfast plus afternoon out of the office to focus on making ISM the best place to work.
- Tools of the trade: MacBook, Apple display, Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and swag.
Plus a whole lot of fun such as ISM’s own Culture Club, the occasional Moment of Delight, and more...
Ready to join our all-star cast? Visit weareindustrial.com/careers. Selected applicants will be asked to complete a DISC personality profile. This role is based in Nashville, TN but we will relocate the right candidate.